2023-09-25 Libre Computer AML-S905D3-CC Solitude AI SBC Announcement

iUniker’s power supply is out of spec. We cannot recommend it since it’s not a proper PD or USB compliant power supply.

Oh :slight_smile:
There are 2, but only [this](https://LoveRPi 5V 2.5A MicroUSB Power Supply with LED Indicator) is EZ compatible, but It is has micro usb connector not usb type-c.

Is the Raspberry Pi 15W USB-C Power Supply compatible?

But that is not an Europlug…

I would like to know more about the UEFI, I can’t find any solid information. Is the UEFI complete? Is the GPU exposed properly to loaded kernels? There are other SBC makers with UEFI that have neglected passing on information about the GPU and VPU, making the board useless for any form of hardware video encoding (h264, h265, etc) or hardware gpu acceleration (opengl, vulkan, etc). I need to know if this work has already been done. Can yall upload a video demonstrating the UEFI, and possibly showing a stock debian uefi arm64 image with panfrost mesa driver loaded?

And what is the reason for continuing to not include wifi on board? Is it because of the blob mess? I almost would rather have no wifi than the crap broadcom ships out like other sbc makers use… almost.

I found the reasoning for not including wifi

The onboard header for USB is great, theoretical 480Mbps for 2.0 should be fine for wifi. The only downside I see to the lack of wifi onboard is the current draw from a USB wifi device operating in access point mode.

EDIT: Looks like I was mistaken, there is no USB header on the alta or solitude.

I am still wanting more information on the UEFI.

1 Like

The UEFI BIOS has video output support and all the proper upstream DT.

1 Like

The board gets a bit hot, could somebody have a look at this topic:

Is the board compatible with dietPi too? I know armbien is listed on the products download page. Maybe?
Thank you!

Use upstream or official distros. dietPi is not supported.

When will the Libre Computer AML-S905D3-CC Solitude AI SBC be in stock again?

And is there any information about when the ROC-RK3328-CC-V2 might be released
or what kind of specs can be expected?

Solitude is under production and should be available at the end of the month.

ROC-RK3328-CC-V2 is the same as V1 but with SPI NOR for the bootloader and USB Type-C and is expected around end of May.

Thanks for the quick reply, so no increase in the specs for the Renegade 2?

No, it’s more about standardization with UEFI and our boot infrastructure than it is about any hardware updates.

Well that’s good news too, thanks again I look forward to them.

1 Like

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, this board with the UEFI can take an image for an official Operating System such as Debian from Debian.org or even Ubuntu and as long as it’s a version that supports Arm64 it should work on this board? In other words this board can use images that are not on the Distro Downloads Page on Libre.computer?

Correct but the distro has to have the proper drivers for the board. For most distros with Linux 6.6 or higher, it will work out of the box as we have pushed the drivers to upstream Linux.

2 Likes

That’s a very awesome addition, thanks for the reply.

Finally a true successor to Le Potato! I am excited to get one! If only any place had them in stock to purchase!

1 Like

Following up on this – how often do they go in stock? Also, will they be sold on amazon? I noticed that the Amazon page doesn’t list all the SBC’s Libre computer offers