If you encounter any problems, please reply to the post with your issue.
The images are located on our distro server.
Use the image with a suffix that matches your board! eg. +aml-s905x-cc.img.xz
1.a. See Libre Comptuer Board Naming and Conventions
- Decompress/extract the xz compressed image .img.xz with 7-zip.
- Write to a MicroSD card with a bit-accurate flashing tool!
For the desktop images, we recommend using 2GB+ boards and having a heatsink and fan for best experience. It will run very poorly on 1GB boards due to swapping.
- Wireless devices are supported as long as they are upstream. See here for Realtek devices that are not supported upstream.
- eMMC 5.x enhances performance greatly because MicroSD cards can be slow. We recommend SanDisk Extreme and Samsung Pro MicroSD cards.
- ALL-H3-CC (Tritium H3/H5) boards must use eMMC 4.x modules!
- Flashing eMMC instructions
We will be continuously releasing images to address the issues discovered.
Continuous updates are delivered through our repo servers via apt.
Please note that some issues may be related to Ubuntu and not are specific to our boards. You can leave a comment for those issues and we will raise it in upstream in Ubuntu proper.
- ROC-RK3328-CC u-boot crypto
- ROC-RK3328-CC u-boot HDMI support
Need To Fix
- ALL-H3-CC-H3 Bootloader improvements
- ALL-H3-CC-Hx HDMI Audio
- ALL-H3-CC Set Lower Temperature Thresholds
- AML-S805X-AC Analog, ALSA Configs, and Desktop
- ROC-RK3399-PC Button after Power Down
- AML-S905X-CC u-boot vanilla kernel Ethernet Internal PHY
- ILI9486 driver fixed
- AML-S905X-CC Fixed 4K60
- AML-S905X-CC Fixed SPICC for ILI9486
- ROC-RK3328-CC Stability Issues
- ROC-RK3328-CC u-boot Compression
- ROC-RK3399-PC u-boot Compression
- ROC-RK3328-CC add RK805 support
- Add support for additional IIO and misc devices
- Add base images
- Add gpio and dto utilities
- ROC-RK3328-CC Pin Control on some GPIO
- ROC-RK3399-PC control USB PD reset
- ROC-RK3399-PC Memory Performance
- ROC-RK3399-PC PCI-E support
- ROC-RK3328-CC Memory Performance
- Remove IWD and standardize around netplan for server images
- Set RGB default colorspace on Amlogic
- Improve low resolution display compatibility for Amlogic
- AML-* Meson Firmware - Canonical
- Improved HID devices support
- ALL-H3-CC-H3 docker support
- Add weston-binder
- Add connman-gtk
- Add help link to weston
- Optimize Gnome
- Add cloud_init eatmydata apt wrapper
- Set hostname in cloud-init
- Add linux firmware
- Copy meson firmware
- Add RTW88 SDIO and USB support
- Add gst123
- AML-S805X-AC Update firmware with new device tree
- Remove needrestart due to excessive resource use
- Add swap via cloud-init to server images for better performance
- ALL-H3-CC-H5 fixed MMC init stuck on reboot
- ROC-RK3328-CC u-boot rng support
- ROC-RK3328-CC fixed stereo analog out
- ROC-RK3328-CC add hw decoder support
- ROC-RK3328-CC add GPU DVFS
- AML-S905X-CC Fix SPI modes and I2C-ao bias
- ALL-H3-CC-H3 Chrome support
- ALL-H3-CC-H5 Desktop Ubuntu startup configurator issue
- Improve Chrome performance
- Swapfile error for Desktop Images
- Include boot firmware on images for ROC-RK3399-PC (Renegade Elite)
- Add ALSA, IWD, Weston, Xwayland, xinit, v4l-utils
- Show GRUB menu and increase timeout to 2s
- Fix ALSA config for AML-S905X-CC (Le Potato)
- Use Linux kernel and headers stable meta package