Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy LTS for Libre Computer Boards

Sounds great! Looking fwd!

Anything issues to report about kernel 6.0 and the le potato? The update happened yesterday, but I’m not at the install location and won’t be back there for a bit so I’m reticent to actually go ahead and blindly reboot.

The images are already using Linux 6.0.7. If you want to stick to Linux 5.19, install linux-image-lc-5.19-ARCH and remove linux-image-lc-stable-ARCH.

1 Like

Nah, just needed to hear that in fact there were no known issues as yet, thanks.

Hi, maybe this has been addressed already, but I don’t see anything after a quick search.

Main issue: blank screen during boot on La Frite, but the computer itself still works.

I have a La Frite. After updating to the latest firmware, I tried using the 22.04 base version and was met with a blank screen partway through booting. Strange.

Even so, I plugged the Frite into ethernet and it showed up on my router. Strange…

Then I wiped the USB drive and installed 22.04 server. I got the Frite connected to WiFi using the first-boot network-config file. The screen went blank partway through the boot process again. Even with no screen, I managed to get openssh-server installed by just typing in the right stuff (login info, apt update, etc.) To my surprise, I was able to ssh into the Frite after installing the ssh-server.

So… yeah, pretty strange. The computer works but the screen cuts out at some point during boot. I don’t exactly know where. I could try find out more details unless this is already a known issue.

Thanks
William

Can you provide more information on this thread: AML GXL No Video or Bad Video on Monitor

1 Like

I have imaged my AML-S905X-CC with ‘ubuntu-22.04.1-preinstalled-server-arm64+aml-s905x-cc.img’.
I have developed a couple of packages, including a service that I would like to include as part of the image. (this would allow me to image a board with preset configurations). where can I find the image source and instructions on how to build a custom .img ?

There’s a couple of options.

1. If you are using the server images, you can use cloud-init to handle package installs once the device comes online. This requires a network connection.
  2. We have a image prep tool called libretech-image-finalizer-tool that is under development that can take a disk dump and minimize it for re-deployment.

I’m not able to login after inserting the image disk. I get the screen to enter the user name and password but it always tells me its incorrect. I’m using ubuntu ubuntu, and I wait at least a minute before attempting the login. I’ve tried re-flashing the image 3 times and I’ve use a couple different 32GB SanDisks. I’ve gotten Armbian to work but I really want to use Ubuntu which I’m already familiar with. Any Suggestions of something to try to get past this login issue? Thanks!

Are you using the base image or the server image?

The base image username and password are root/root per the release notes.
The server image username and password is ubuntu/ubuntu after cloud-init finishes. However, this might take a minute or two after bootup especially if the MicroSD card is slow.

I mistakenly got the base version which isn’t what I want. I’ll try server . I guess there isn’t a desktop image available, at least I don’t see one. Thanks!

What do you mean there’s no desktop version? There is.

Hi, i recently purchased 2 905x-cc boards. I can boot into either raspbian or Ubuntu, but when I try to connect to network or do any I/O, the boards crash. I’m using a Samsung microSD card for storage right now. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Power supply is the likely culprit. What are you powering it with?

I’ve plugged into a USB hub that’s plugged into the wall, something that you would charge phones from.

Does the red LED blink at all? Troubleshooting Boot Issues on Libre Computer AML-S905X-CC

USB hubs usually provide 500mA per port. What model do you have?

It boots. I can login and open a terminal, etc. but when I put any load, it will crash. I will check the USB hub and try another power source.

Crash as in reboot spontaneously or crash as in a message? If it reboots spontaneously, it’s definitely a power problem.

The screen goes a solid color, usually green or purplish. I have to pull power to get it to reboot.

That can be a number of things but check with a different power source first.