Alpine on AML-S905X-CC-V2

Hi All.

I have a brand new AML-S905X-CC-V2 and a bootable Alpine Linux SD card. I can boot up and have a console via HDMI/keyboard, but the ethernet adapter does not work. Where can I start to troubleshoot that, please?

Thank you!

Check the kernel version. If it is older than Linux 6.4, it needs a custom DT. Update to the latest kernel if possible.

Thank you. Linux kernel version is 6.6 per release notes: Alpine 3.19.0 released | Alpine Linux

What else can I look into, please?

What is the error?

uname -m

lsmod

dmesg | grep dwmac

ip addr

uname -m
aarch64

lsmod
image attached - since I don’t have network access, I can’t copy/paste. Apologies.

dmesg | grep dwmac
Attaching pic of dmesg | grep mac

ip addr
image attached.

Errors:

You should post on the Alpine forums that their kernel is broken. You can test with official images.

Thank you again. I’ll follow up with the Alpine user community. What should I point out is broken (Sorry for the sophomoric question, but this is not my area of expertise, but I want to learn more).

Thanks again.

They must have some modules or patches on top of the regular mainline/stable kernel. The regular mainline/stable kernel does not have this issue so it’s either a missing config or an out-of-tree patch in their kernel.