AML-S905X-CC 320X240 ILI9341 SPI Touchscreen Display

Has anyone actually got an ILI9341 TouchScreen working on the the Le Potato.

If so can they provide some of the steps involved similar to the 9486 post. There are some references to the ILI9341 in the 9486 post but I believe it should have its own topic with some simple easy to use instructions.

I personally have not had much luck with the the overlay below.

libretech-wiring-tool/spicc-ili9341.dts at master · libre-computer-project/libretech-wiring-tool (github.com)

I did work on an SPI patch for the Le Potato on Adafruit-Blinka which gives access to many circuitpython libraries including the ILI9341 so at least that’s a start.

Release Bug fixes for Le Potato Board · adafruit/Adafruit_Blinka (github.com)

How exactly do you do this ? I understand that dtc can be used to compile and disassemble .dts files into .dtb files but I’m obviously missing an important part of the equation.

if I look in /opt/librecomputer/libretech-wiring-tool/libre-computer/aml-s905x-cc/dt the files are all .dtbo although on Github only the .dts files are present ?

In my case if I apply the spicc overlay and then the spicc-ili9341 overlay the ili9341 screen changes from white to black and the Le Potato seems to stall & halt at a similar black screen, sometimes I get passed to a Login screen (which does not show on the ili9341) but after login the Le Potato just returns to the black screen.

I did find another overlay for an ili9341 which shows the reset-gpios to be active low and I wanted to test if that made any difference as its active high in the included spicc-ili9341 overlay and of course at some point to add the Touch Screen node.

You need to move the jumper or else the screen will not work. The overlay is tested. If you still have problems after you moved the jumper, let us know.

I am a bit confused on what the jumper is, why we need to move it, and where we need to move it for the ILI9341 SPI TFT LCD screen to work. I have wired up my display and merged the spicc and spicc-ili9431 overlays, which have produced pretty good results. Although the screen turns on and begins displaying, it displays the actual le potato CLI on /dev/fb0, but I want it to NOT be treated as the main display, otherwise when I overwrite the pixel data, there is a cursor in the middle of the screen that won’t go away.

I also made a post about this: ILI9341 SPI TFT LCD Display Issue on Le Potato

Please advise!

If you use header pin 11, you need to move the jumper. If you’re not using header pin 11, you do not need to.