How to install libretech apps on Jammy OS?

So after installing Arbian Jammy on 4 SD cards for my 4 pack of AML-S905X-CC… I got the classic error after attempting to install libre software:

E: Unable to locate package libretech-(xyz)

Naturally I assume I need to add a line to : /etc/apt/sources.list
so I reviewed the code of : /libre-computer-project/libretech-raspbian-portability/blob/master/oneshot.sh

Found this nugget:

if [ $apt_source_add -eq 1 ]; then
echo “deb [ arch=${BOARD_arch} ] debian ${TARGET_OS_RELEASE[VERSION_CODENAME]} main” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-main.list
echo “deb [ arch=${BOARD_arch} ] debian ${TARGET_OS_RELEASE[VERSION_CODENAME]}-updates main” >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-main.list
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 605C66F00D6C9793
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 648ACFD622F3D138

if [ “${TARGET_OS_RELEASE[VERSION_CODENAME]}” = “buster” ]; then
echo “deb [ arch=${BOARD_arch} ] debian-security ${TARGET_OS_RELEASE[VERSION_CODENAME]}/updates main” >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-main.list
else
echo “deb [ arch=${BOARD_arch} ] ebian-security ${TARGET_OS_RELEASE[VERSION_CODENAME]}-security main” >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-main.list
fi
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 112695A0E562B32A
fi

But the Debian servers don’t have repos for Libre…

Anyways not looking to make a fuss, just want to know if I can save the time of re-formatting all the SD cards, as I am already using a few and would need to also set up a few more apps(remember all the things I did to get them to work).

So added the repo I missed from “are-there-pre-compiled-kernels-available-for-debian-11-non-raspian-with-hardware-fixes-for-aml-s905x-cc-le-potato”
And got this error…

W: GPG error: deb.libre.computer/repo linux InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY >2E5FB7FC58C58FFB
E: The repository ‘deb.libre.computer/repo linux InRelease’ is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

The libretech utilities require our Raspbian or Ubuntu images as it makes use of our kernels and bootloaders. Using Armbian will not work with our utilities as their kernels and bootloaders do things differently.

1 Like

Thank you… I’ll keep in mind the boards prefer Raspbian for future projects.

For the moment the FIX was as simple as:

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 2E5FB7FC58C58FFB
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

Can’t speak for the functionality of non-arm hardware libretech packages would be supporting yet…
But, I can now run :

apt-get install libretech-gpio

With this output:

After this operation, 41.0 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 Index of /repo/ linux/main arm64 libretech-gpio all 0.1.2 [6,412 B]
Fetched 6,412 B in 0s (18.7 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package libretech-gpio.
(Reading database … 73346 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/libretech-gpio_0.1.2_all.deb …
Unpacking libretech-gpio (0.1.2) …
Setting up libretech-gpio (0.1.2) …

Some GPIO may or may not work on Armbian depending on your board.