Le Potato boot problem

Hello,

I bought 3 boards. 2 of them are already working in the field as SDR receivers (openwebRX).

The third one, I can seem to get working. Used different SD cards…all show the same boot message:

Loading, please wait…
Starting version 249.11-0ubuntu3.4
Begin: Loading essential drivers … done.
Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount … done.
Begin: Mounting root file system … Begin: Running /scripts/local-top … done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount … Scanning for Brtfs filesystems
done.
Begin: Waiting for root file system device. Common problems:

• Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
  • Check rootdelay=
  • Missing modules
    ALERT! UUID=e4bc71b8- etc etc does not exist. Dropping to a shell.

The green light is on, the blue light double blinks.

Tux

Most likely a bad flash or a bad MicroSD card. What brand and model of the card?

Try downloading the image again. Do you have anything else plugged in?

The message basically says that it cannot locate the root filesystem. If it got this far, it’s most likely not a hardware issue.

it is a Scandisk Ultra 32GB (HC-I)

I took a brand new from the package (again), and downloaded the latest https://redirect.armbian.com/region/EU/lepotato/Bullseye_current

Still the same problem:

Only screen and USB keyboard connected…

Armbian has been more broken than not recently. They don’t perform as enough testing as they should. Use the official Ubuntu or Raspbian (Debian) images.

I downloaded the Raspbian version (https://distro.libre.computer/ci/raspbian/11/2022-09-22-raspbian-bullseye-arm64-lite%2Baml-s905x-cc.img.xz) but no luck:

I use belenaEtcher so the image is checked on the uSD card

Swap the board with your other boards and check if that MicroSD card works. If it does, then this board is bad and you should return and replace.

Yes I will do that, I think the board is bad.

The other boards are at another location in my country. I will visit that place in a week from now. I bought these boards October 6th on Amazon. Is waranty handled through them?

Thanks for all your support untill now!

Just order a new one. If that works, return the old one. If it doesn’t work, you know it’s the MicroSD card or power. You have until end of January to return it.

of course, thanks! :slight_smile: