Le Potato Locks up playing 4k

I have tried the LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20221225-99de708-lepotato and the LibreELEC-LePotato.arm-9.0.2 Both lock up playing 4k. The nightly build either locks up on the first seeks or a few later and the screen turns green, but no kernel panic. 9.0.2 is completely functional but will lockup most of the way through a movie with a hard kernel panic as in no response on the console or anywhere else.

Is there any OS that will play 4K movies on this board? So far this board is a complete and total failure multimedia wise, and I have spent 2 days trying to get a winning combination. Alpine Linux, which I use on both desktop and embedded Linux works well but has been a challenge to get the video drivers to work. I also built from here GitHub - mathieu-lm/libretech-cc-buildroot: Buildroot with Amlogic S905X LibreTech-CC "LePotato" support using both v5.4/libretech-master-stable linux-4.14/libretech-cc-master-stable and from GitHub - libre-computer-project/libretech-linux: Mainline Linux Fork for Libre Computer. While these both booted, the display does not even work. One does not activate HDMI and the other just has a black screen with blinking cursor - I suspect the latter might be user space.

This should not be this hard. Anyone have any suggestions before I cut my losses and find a working product? By working, I mean a GPU/driver that can get through an entire H.265 4K movie without locking or dying, and it would be nice to have the 5.1 USB CM106 type sound card working as well (9.0.2 does work).

I was under the impression this was a video chip, and I find it hard to believe the hardware is broken given the number of consumer devices this must be in, which only leaves software.

Now I have added another OS, CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20.0-Nexus_rc1-LePotato.img.

Ok, update on this is that it does indeed boot and shockingly I believe got through an entire 4k movie. It supports the CM106x USB 5.1 sound card. This item looks identical to the one I have, so it may have the same chip inside:
https://www.amazon.com/heaven2017-Channel-Optical-External-Notebook/dp/B07BF3SY7C

For Amlogic devices, we recommend CoreELEC over LibreELEC at this time.