New Lakka Images Will Not Boot

I downloaded the newest Lakka images and flashed them to an SD card for the Le Potato that my bf got me for my birthday and the image wont boot, I tried several “stable” versions and none of them booted, the only one that successfully booted and ran was the Lakka image on the Libre website (I used the exact same method and sd card) which is super outdated. I’m hoping someone can tell me how to get them to boot or what I’m doing wrong.

1 Like

The original image enables CVBS and Lakka gets stuck at the logo. After you flash the image, open the drive and replace the file meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc.dtb and it should work.

question what do i replace the meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc.dtb with total new b here i found another file downloaded it replaced it still stuck on flower screen ??? any info would be awesome

Click the link, download the given file, then (linux) insert the SD card, type ‘dmesg|tail’ to get the drive, then ‘mkdir m’, then ‘sudo mount /dev/sdb1 m’ where sdb is replaced with what you found in dmesg. Copy the file downloaded to the file of the same name in the m directory where you mounted the partition (sudo cp /home/user/Downloads/meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc.dtb m/…/meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc.dtb), where ‘…’ is the unknown path to the existing file. sudo umount m and you are done. If you are on Windows, what can I say, I’m sorry. ?

Probably did not replace it correctly. Delete the old file and copy the new file.