Raspbian problem

Hello,
I have Le potato and I noticed an issue.
Every time I flash the latest Raspbian it works great and I can ssh to it.
but whenever I make an update (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade), and reboot I can’t ssh into it, nor I can ping it.

I tried it more than once, I did check that NetworkManager is enabled, sshd is enabled and iptables policy is ACCEPT for all chains.

Did anyone face the same issue?

thanks, have a good day.

Can you specify which version of Raspbian? 10 or 11? Lite or Desktop? What configuration did you preset?

Hello,
The image I used is this: “2023-05-03-raspbian-bullseye-arm64-lite+aml-s905x-cc”
The preset configurations are:

• An empty file called “ssh” with no extention.
  • user file called “userconf.txt” that has one line user:hashed_password … I used {openssl passwd -6} to hash the password
  • A network config file called “wpa_supplicant.conf” that has usual configuration:
    “country=AE
    ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
    update_config=1
    network={
    ssid=“wifi name”
    scan_ssid=1
    psk=“password”
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK}”

once it boots it works fine the first time… then I do these thing:

• Change /etc/hostname
  • Change /etc/hosts
  • Enable NetworkManager.service using systemctl
  • Enable sshd
  • sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
  • sudo reboot

Once I rebooted I can’t ssh to it again :frowning:

NOTE: if I reboot without doing those 6 steps above I can ssh to it, so the problem appears to be one of those steps.

UPDATE: I updated the system “sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade” and rebooted… The system is working properly and I can ssh to it after the update.

So the problem appears to be something else.

Thanks.

@librecomputer You asked me to pin you if not updated in days.
Thanks.

What are you talking about? You changed how network is started. Why don’t you login and see why network/SSH is down after you make the modifications?