ReSpeaker 4-Mic array for Raspberry Pi on Le Potato

Hi, I’m trying to use a Seeed ReSpeaker 4-Mic array with my aml-s905x-cc board. The instructions and scripts to install the microphone are for RPi only but I would think that since the GPIO is the same it should be possible to make it work on Le Potato… I am not very familiar with GPIO, device trees, etc… I was looking at the install.sh script from the official drivers and it looks like it uses RPi specific commands to setup the overlays… How can I do it with the tools provided by Libre Computer?

Respeaker will not work. It uses I2S pinmuxes and not just GPIO.

Ahh gotcha.

Thanks for your reply.

You can possibly make it work by manually using Female to Male jumper cables to connect to the correct I2S pins on the board.

Is it possible to get more information about the “why” (what are “I2S Pinmuxes”?) and how to work around it? I just ordered a Potato with the hope this would be a drop in replacement for a Pi with the Respeaker, but it seems from here that it won’t be, and I’d like to figure out how to get it to work if possible.

You need to have background knowledge of embedded systems. We don’t have the bandwidth to test and support other company’s devices. We can only provide upstream interface that device vendors hook into. This is best to ask Seeed as the Respeaker is a Seeed product.