Ubuntu 22.04.1 Jammy LTS Server Release Notes

Is this an upstream package problem or a kernel problem?

Hello!

I am attempting to use a few of these boards as a Kubernetes cluster. As a part of that, I am attempting to set up Ceph block devices with the rbd kernel module.

$ sudo modprobe rbd
modprobe: FATAL: Module rbd not found in directory /lib/modules/6.0.19-02540-g29b5aaf3e447.

I had done some searching around and found a suggestion to apt install linux-image-extra-virtual, which didn’t seem to get me much further.

Any pointers on how I can resolve?

1 Like

We have added the fscache configs to our kernel. Please update your kernel in 24 hours.

Thanks! On my board running Ubuntu 22.04.1 Jammy Server, I ran sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade, followed by a restart and then another sudo modprobe rbd. I am still met with modprobe: FATAL: Module rbd not found in directory /lib/modules/6.0.19-02541-gd380b952927c.

Replicated the issue. We have added the modules to our kernel and it should get pushed to the servers in 6 hours.

1 Like

Amazing! Thanks a bunch!

It’s already pushed, please update and let us know if it solves your Kube issues.

Fantastic, I updated and sudo modprobe rbd returned without error. Cheers!

1 Like

I installed, updated password, installed net-tools and wireless-tools, got wifi working and rebooted. I didn’t change anything else.

Upon reboot I logged in and then ran:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

The upgrade failed with:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
grub-efi-arm64-signed: Depends: grub-efi-arm64 (= 2.06-2ubuntu10) but 2.06-2ubuntu14 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

How should I proceed?

UPDATE: I was able to upgrade by installing aptitude and using it:

sudo apt-get install aptitude
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude upgrade
2 Likes

I installed on a new machine

https://distro.libre.computer/ci/ubuntu/22.04/ubuntu-22.04.1-preinstalled-server-arm64%2Baml-s805x-ac.img.xz

changed password then ran:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

The upgrade failed with

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
grub-efi-arm64-signed: Depends: grub-efi-arm64 (= 2.06-2ubuntu10) but 2.06-2ubuntu14 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

tried it again with new media same result

tried what Nall did, did not work

What should I do?

Hello again! Thanks again for including the rbd module. Could we also get the iscsi_tcp module?

$ sudo modprobe iscsi_tcp
modprobe: FATAL: Module iscsi_tcp not found in directory /lib/modules/6.0.19-02542-g7dc0d739f79c

edit: never mind! I just needed to update. :slight_smile:

This was pushed to our servers about a week ago.

You can get cheap dongles here: GenBasic WiFi 4 USB Nano Wireless Network Dongle Adapter for Linux – LoveRPi

Plug and play.

I bought these at the same time as a Le Potato board from LoveRPi but when I boot the board with the WiFi dongle I can’t see the device name in /proc/net/wireless (lsusb shows it present)

$ cat /proc/net/wireless
Inter-| sta-| Quality | Discarded packets | Missed | WE
face | tus | link level noise | nwid crypt frag retry misc | beacon | 22

Any ideas? I had the same issue with Armbian but enabled wifi just-worked there (I switched to the Index of /ci/ubuntu/22.04/ as I want SPI support).

Send your dmesg log as you plug it in. Usually USB issues are due to power issues.

I moved the dongle to an x64-86 machine and the behavior is the same. /proc/net/wireless has nothing useful for the GenBasic WiFi 4 USB Nano Wireless Network Dongle Adapter for Linux – LoveRPi devices when powered on and plugged in. Once wifi is enabled and connected a useful device name is available.

I’d recommend documenting an alternative device identification technique. The “lsusb -t” suggestion posted by @librecomputer elsewhere works great :slight_smile: networkctrl works but it is not installed in the Ubuntu Server image.

would the below install just the Libre kernel and headers?

echo “deb [ arch=${arm64_arch} ] Index of /debian ${bullseye]} main” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-main.list

echo “deb [ arch=${arm64_arch} ] Index of /debian ${bullseye}-updates main” >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-main.list

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 605C66F00D6C9793

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 648ACFD622F3D138

wget -O “/usr/share/keyrings/libre-computer-deb.gpg” ‘https://deb.libre.computer/repo/libre-computer-deb.gpg’ echo “deb [arch=${arm64_arch} signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/libre-computer-deb.gpg] Index of /repo/ linux main non-free” > “$root_mount_dir/etc/apt/sources.list.d/libre-computer-deb.list”

Thanks for the report. The command should be iw dev. Updated the OP.

Do not dual post the same issue in multiple threads.

> cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/libre-computer-deb.list 
deb [arch=arm64 signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/libre-computer-deb.gpg] https://deb.libre.computer/repo linux main non-free

Thanks.

Is it reasonable to expect this to work in Armbian or is that a fundamental misunderstanding of how these things work?

Armbian does a lot of things that are non-standard. We try to do everything as standard as possible. You have to ask Armbian folks.