What is your favorite operating system for the Le Potato?

I’ve bounced around trying a few different images and desktop environments, still haven’t settled on one yet. What are you all using?

I’m brand new to lepotato - I am a huge DietPi fan and can’t believe that support doesn’t exist for it yet. Trying to follow the instructions here to install, but having some trouble.

I’m running DietPi. I installed Raspian and then used the DietPi upgrade script.

Supported hardware - DietPi.com Docs.

Running very well. I’m using it as a Roon endpoint. Solid.

What issues are you having? Does script complete?

Huh. I started with Armbian and had all kinds of trouble. I will give Raspbian a shot with the upgrade script and report back.

When you get to the device select screen, which did you pick? It looks like they have 905, but I’m not sure that is the same as 905x

I selected Generic device from the bottom of the list.

Please elaborate so we can report the issues to Armbian people.

I recently installed Debian Armbian CLI, then ran the DietPi script. Everything seemed to complete fine, but I was running into issues with docker containers (in CasaOS).

“Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: unable to apply apparmor profile: apparmor failed to apply profile: write /proc/self/attr/apparmor/exec: no such file or directory: unknown”

EDIT: Ended up solving the docker error by a combination of: apt install apparmor, systemlctl disable --now apparmor, and restarting the docker & apparmor services.

1 Like

Ubuntu server with the Lubuntu desktop installed runs really nice. I might give Ubuntu Mate another go. Its real slick looking, but it was a little slugish when I tried it before. I had it istalled on the desktop image, so maybe it’ll run better without all the extra gnomyness.

I have a LibreELEC image I keep around for use as a media player too, works great.

I also rather liked Armbian, but since the Libretech Wiring Tool doesn’t work on it, I settled for Lubuntu.