AML-S905X-CC (Le Potato) 480x320 ILI9486 3.5" SPI Touchscreen Display

See the section about creating /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-ili9486.conf.

How do I run that command?

Itā€™s not a command. Itā€™s a text file you need to create as the root user using sudo.

sorry i figured that out, still a white screen so either I have a bad SBC or a bad LCD

If you had the black screen before and it displayed the text, it means both are working. Try starting from scratch and following the instructions.

Has anyone been able to use the 9486 as a simple display not as the primary monitor - for instance as a display for a python program displaying associated values/graphics ?

Hello Im building a handheld gaming setup and I have completed these steps on ubuntu and raspbian with perfect success. Trying on lakka, batocera, emuelec and libreelec seem to not be as straight forward. Is there a process to do thise on these more locked down operating systems? other than embedding the drivers in the device tree which I had no luck with.

Recently purchased the Waveshare 3.5ā€ RPI IPS Screen display on Amazon and followed the directions listed by bisco, (first link below). It didnā€™t end up working, I included an image of what the display was displaying. Following I disabled and tried the mhs3528 and when that didnā€™t work did the same for the mpi3501. Iā€™m hoping to get a response regarding whether itā€™s broken or if Iā€™m doing something wrong.

biscoā€™s post:

Display image:

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Reset your overlays, reboot, and follow OP instructions.

im new to this, and im not sure how to move the jumper. ive been reading though documentation for the past hour and a half and canā€™t find anything that makes sense (pretty sure im just in over my head). is there anyone willing to write it out so i can just copy and paste it? im using the MPI3501 that i got from amazon

The jumpers on the board have labels.

my goodness, i feel so dumb right now. it was right in front of me and just didnt understand. thank you SO MUCH.

i have a new problem now, ive moved the jumper and iā€™ve done the following commands

sudo ldto enable spicc-cs1
sudo ldto enable spicc-cs1-ili9486-xpt2046

sudo ldto merge spicc-cs1
sudo ldto merge spicc-cs1-ili9486-xpt2046

and yet nothing has changed, the screen still stays white, and only boots to an atached screen (through HDMI)

an im i just missing something, or do i need to re-flash my sd card and try again?

1. Make sure you did the jumper correctly. Thereā€™s two rows of pins. Use the row next to the MicroUSB port.
  2. You only need to merge the overlays and reboot. Did you add the X11 config file if you are running X11?

im using the ubuntu-22.04.2-preinstalled-desktop-arm64+aml-s905x-cc.img.xz and the pic shows my pi right now.

i reflashed it 2-3 days ago when i started this project of making a gauntlet/cyberdeck

i just go done re-flashing the micro sd card and using the commands. its still wont boot to the screen

Provide us with the exact command sequence you used and then provide us the logs from dmesg in a pastebin.

sudo ldto enable spicc-cs1
Overlay spicc-cs1: applied
sudo ldto enable spicc-cs1-ili9486-xpt2046
Overlay spicc-cs1-ili9486-xpt2046: applied
sudo ldto merge spicc-cs1
Overlay spicc-cs1: merged for next boot
sudo ldto merge spicc-cs1-ili9486-xpt2046
Overlay spicc-cs1-ili9486-xpt2046: merged for next boot
reboot

Whereā€™s the dmesg logs?