Libretech flash tool for flashing os images on linux vm

a mod for libre redirected me to here from reddit. I for some reason cannot find a single tutorial for using the libre flash tool to flash a operating system (arch arm64 in my case) to a sd card, i am planning to do it through my linux mint vm. if someone can point me in the right place for a walkthrough that would be great. thank you in advance.

On Linux, you can just use dd. It’s fast and accurate.

but i need to use the libre flash tool becuase arch doesnt have a image for the amls905xcc

It doesn’t create arch images. Not sure why you think that tool can create arch images.

im not sure if maybe I explained something wrong or not but, when I made a post to reddit about using arch linux (arm64 image) a dev from the libre account said i could use the libre flash tool with the arm64 image and be able to write it with the tool. Link to my post: Reddit - Dive into anything
Im simply just trying to find a solution.

can anyone help with this?

You can flash the standard Arch EFI ARM64 image to a MicroSD card and then use libretech-flash-tool to flash the bootloader on the same MicroSD card. It should boot then.

1 Like

I have searched for “Arch EFI ARM64” and nothing comes up especially not on the arch site, do you happen to have the link you are speaking about?

I’d guess Generic AArch64 Installation | Arch Linux ARM will work.