Troubleshooting General Boot Issues

Please create a separate post for pi-gen and not post under this thread as these are not related. We will help you with pi-gen there.

I can’t boot,screen stays black.
I bought the AML-S905X-CC twice, and both are having the same issue.
Using Sandisk Ultra SD and tried Verbatim Premium too.
Power supply is 5v3a and tried 5v1.5a.
Tried both Ubuntu and Raspbian. Flashed with Win32DiskImager and with Raspberry Pi Imager.
Went inside the config file to set them up for HDMI.
Result is red and green light are constantly on. Blue light is blinking twice, pause, blinking twice, repeat.

I’d love help with this.

@Michael_van_der_Beek

The blue heartbeat means Linux booted, so it looks like your having video issues. HDMI usually works out-of-the-box, no configuration needed.

That’s an issue that isn’t in my wheelhouse, but anyone who can help you will probably want to know what kind of display are you using at a minimum. You also may want to test with a different display/cable.

Found the issue. I tested 2 screens, both were incompatible with the potato…

Solved… Found the issue. I tested 2 screens, both were incompatible with the potato… a 3rd one worked. I spend 3 hours on this xD

1 Like

Please submit the EDID of those screens here: AML GXL No Video or Bad Video on Monitor

Hello. I have spent 5+ hrs trying to get this to work. I have tried many power supplies and many sd cards and many flashing tools. When booting, it shows libre logo, boots into linux shell, and then lists all the [ok] but about 2secs later the libre logo pops back up and it repeats. Please help

What board and a picture of your power supply and how it’s connected to the board. Spontaneous shutdown is usually insufficient power delivery.

I have the le potato. I have tried with an apple power brick and a 5v 10a power inverter on my Voron 3d printer. It worked fine before with it but ever since I reflashed it just wont work.

now, when I power on and it runs through the [ok] the blue light blinks slowly and then blinks fast.

Do you get any messages on your screen when it starts blinking fast? Usually the fast blinking is because of a kernel panic so something went wrong during boot. There should be an associated message on screen or on the UART.

yes there are alot of errors. should i reflash and try again?

It would help to provided the errors to us instead of just saying there are errors. We are just wasting space on this thread going nowhere.

Where is the first failure. This is just a bunch of services failing. This is a clean install of which image?

First errror was the first one you saw on the screen. I flashed raspbian on the SD card.

Do you have the 1GB model or the 2GB model? We have discovered an issue with Raspbian and the 1GB model. The 2GB model should work fine.

Mine is the 2gb model. It is not working

The board is working fine since you are getting HDMI output. It’s most likely your flashing or SD card since services cannot start up correctly. This is usually cause by bad data on the MicroSD card. The images are tested and working.

i got it to boot but now, i loaded all of my software for my 3d printer and it was working completely fine but now my lan lights turn on and off in 30sec intervals. also cuts signal every 30sec on router side but power stays on. os is debian