Ubuntu SSH Permission Denied. will not Accept Default Password

I have a ROC-RK3328-CC board. I have installed http://distro.libre.computer/ci/ubuntu/22.04/ubuntu-22.04.1-preinstalled-server-arm64%2Broc-rk3328-cc.img.xz (extracted files with Z-Zip and flashed micro SD with balenaEtcher) to MicrsoSD card. Once I boot up the device I try to ssh to it with default username and passsword per http://share.loverpi.com/board/libre-computer-project/libre-computer-board-roc-rk3328-cc/image/ubuntu/

Username: ubuntu
Password: ubuntu

command line I use is ssh ubuntu@192.168.x.x
enter in password ubuntu
get the error message permission denied (publickey,password)

I have tired several times and I keep getting the same error.

Please help

The password is expired and needs to be changed on first setup or initialized by cloud-init. You cannot ssh to the box with an expired password since it’s a network security vulnerability. You need to set it up first.

when I connected an HDMI connector and monitor the monitor Just says no signal.
What then would be causing by monitor to not detect the signal from the board?

Did you plug in the monitor before boot or did you hot plug it? ROC RK3328/RK3399 No Video on Monitor

I did but I did restart the board and still same no DVI-D signal.

I reflashes the drive with Raspian just to see and i still get know signal. I have AML-S905X-CC it was able to flash it with the same ubuntu image, but with correct version for that board and had not issues.
so I have verified the monitor and cable are good. appears there is something wrong with the HDMI on board or connector. It will say no signal then screen shuts off and every so often it flashes and says no signal again.

HDMI to DVI-D adapters are not officially supported. DVI-D signaling can get much more complex than HDMI.

Appears that was the issue. I found a monitor with a HDMI port and that did.

I’m curious, does the AML-S905X-CC support HDMI to DVI-D? when i connect with HDMI to DVI-D adapter it works fine. That was why I was thinking it was something with the HDMI connector.

But thank you very much for all you help. It is very much appreciated.

Display support is always an area that is constantly improving. The drivers for some boards is slightly more compatible than others.

What do you mean “password expired”. I can’t get pass 5x-cc login: i just flashed my SD card for the very first time. I neef login that works please.

Read the release notes on the download page for the image you downloaded.