What is the proper way to flash to EMMC for roc-rk3328-cc

Hi, there does not seem to be a updated tutorial for roc-rk3328-cc for flashing firmware into EMMC.
I tried the methods based on firefly wiki. I think your latest ubuntu-22-04-1-jammy-lts firmware is so-called RAW firmware so I flashed it that way. The RkDevTool provided does not contain the loader files, so I mananged to find one online here rk33 · master · zewanz / rkbin · GitLab .
I entered MASKROM successfully, and it flashed successfully, but it does not boot. What went wrong? (No serial cable at the moment, so not sure about uboot log)

Can you provide a workflow with all necessary files that works with your latest image? (BTW I really appricate your effort to update the images years after releasing the board. That is why I got a new board now despite having newer toys, good job!)

Also, a well written instruction that tell you how to flash it after booting with a SD card would also help. I see some discussion for the S905X board, but not one for RK3328 board. I imagine steps are similar but being a linux newbie I do not want to risk it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I would also add that even if I used the image on SD card only, the setup procedure got stuck at
“Waiting for unattended-upgr to exit”

If you happen to have a LePotato, the easiest way would be to use the pyamlboot method to flash an image directly to the eMMC. Then, transfer the eMMC over to the renegade and it should boot.

To flash directly from the rk3328, I did the following:

1. Flash Raspbian Lite to an SD Card on another computer.
  2. Copy the Ubuntu image to a USB thumb drive on another computer.
  3. Boot the rk3328 from the SD card (I think the eMMC takes precedence when booting - so make sure it’s been properly erased or else it might hang).
  4. From a shell prompt mount the USB thumb drive and flash the image directly to the eMMC:
    dd if=/mnt/the-ubuntu-image-name.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M
  5. Shutdown, remove the SD card, and reboot.

I’m drawing from memory, but I think the eMMC comes up as /dev/mmcblk0 and the SD card as /dev/mmcblk1.

unattended upgrade runs on first boot and updates the packages in the background to the latest. It can take a long time but we provide a quicker way in the release notes.

You can follow the Method 2 of Libre Computer AML-S905X-CC eMMC Flashing via MicroSD Card