This is the recommended method of flashing the Libre Computer eMMC modules. This method offers the fastest flashing speed for eMMC modules and can be used to flash in bulk. Our distributors offer cost effective bulk eMMC flashing service as well so please reach out to them if you need that service.
- Proper Power Supply
- eMMC module attached
- MicroSD card
- Display or UART connection
- Network Connection or USB flash drive with image
- Flash a MicroSD card with any Linux image.
- Download or copy the image to your OS.
- Extract the image using
xz -d IMAGE.xz.
- Use dd or Gnome Disk Utility to flash the eMMC. The eMMC should show up as
/dev/mmcblk0. For dd,
sudo dd if=IMAGE of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M. Replace IMAGE with the name of the extracted file. You can also dd the compressed image directly via
xz -cd IMAGE.xz | sudo dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M. Replace IMAGE.xz with the path to the compressed image.
Bulk Flashing Hot-Plug eMMC Modules
eMMC modules can be hot-plugged to boards. After hot-plugging, you need to unbind and bind the eMMC so it detects the new module via the steps below:
- Unbind eMMC Module with libretech-wiring-tool
- Attach eMMC Module
- Bind eMMC Module with libretech-wiring-tool
- Flash Image using dd
- Unbind eMMC Moduel with libretech-wiring-tool
- Go back to step 2.