Just some quick background. I am very familiar with Raspberry Pi’s but this is my first time using a Libre Board.
Today I am using the Renegade and am attempting to use the Base Ubuntu 22.04 build from the Libre website but I am experiencing trouble SSHing into the board.
Just to minimize the possibility that I did something silly (which I probably did), I’ll quickly walk through the steps I followed to get to where I am.
- Downloaded ubuntu-22.04.1-preinstalled-base-arm64+roc-rk3328-cc.img.xz (which matches the naming convention for the Renegade, and what’s stamped onto the box that this board came in) onto my PC.
- Flash the .xz file onto SD card with BalenaEtcher (Successful)
- Plug SD card into board
- Plug Ethernet cable into board
- Power board (LED’s are on)
- Get IP address from Router (Board named “roc-rk3328-cc” and issued IP 192.168.4.109).
- Use Terminal to SSH into board:
(I also tried without the “root@” to no avail)
(I also, also tried to connect with PUTTY, but that didn’t work either)
I keep getting
ssh: connect to host 192.168.4.109 port 22: Connection refused
and I’m not sure why. I don’t believe I’m doing anything differently than I would on one of my Pi’s. Is there an issue with SSHing with the “Base” image for the first time? Or is there something else? I THINK the image is good, or else my router wouldn’t be showing the “roc-rk3328-cc” device; but I could be wrong there. Perhaps the “Uboot” button needs to be pressed for the first boot?